Streetdog Foundation is dependent on volunteers to find homes for the sweet pups in our care. There are many opportunities available for a variety of time commitments. If you are interested in becoming part of the Streetdog team, please fill out a volunteer application at the bottom of this page (if you are interested in fostering dogs, please fill out the foster application here).
- Walk Dogs! Streetdog has a unique partnership with our vet clinic which allows our volunteers to walk dogs in boarding anytime Monday-Friday from 8 am until 5:30 pm and Saturday from 8 am until 11:30 am. After a short orientation, you can choose the hours that work best for your schedule. The time that you spend with each pup means so much to them as they wait for a foster or adoptive home.
- Help at Adoption Events. Streetdog has adoption events each weekend at a variety of locations across Memphis from downtown to Germantown. Volunteers assist for 3-4 hours to walk dogs, talk to potential adopters and assist with photography.
- Join the photography committee. A great photograph can inspire potential adopters or fosters to want to meet our dogs. You don't have to be a professional photographer, but we do use SLR photography for our projects which range from holiday costume shots, to photo sessions with fosters, to videos for marketing and special occasions. Volunteers without an SLR camera can help with making memes and editing videos.
- Help us raise money! Many of our dogs are injured when they enter our care. The average heart worm positive dog will cost more than $1,000. If you have special skills in fundraising or event planning, we can use your help!
- Training and Integration. We help our foster families introduce their existing dogs to potential Streetdog fosters and we help fosters learn how to train dogs to make them more adoptable. If you have special experience in dog training, we can always use help!