ADOPT A STREETDOG
Streetdog Foundation is committed to finding the perfect home for our pups! Our adoption process ensures that all of our pups will have the very best family possible. We consider the perspective of both the dog and the potential adopter(s). We do not place dogs on a first-come, first-served basis, but rather select the best overall environment for that particular dog. Although our application team will contact you within 48 hours of submitting your application, our process takes approximately two weeks to complete.
We do not know the histories of many of our dogs, so we carefully consider each application based on what we know about the dog. The factors we consider in our assessment include the best social environment for each dog. Some of those considerations include:
- Whether a dog needs to be an only dog, needs other dog friends, how they might get along with other pets including exotic pets like reptiles and birds, or how they may interact with larger animals and livestock, if applicable.
- The makeup of the household. Some dogs thrive in a large family environment, some dogs may fear men or women, and some dogs may not be a good fit with small children or infants.
- The energy level of the dog and the family's expectations for exercise and activity level.
Steps in the adoption process include:
- Adoption Application: to learn about potential adopters and what pups might be the best fit based on that unique home environment, whether there are other pets in the home, children, exercise space, etc.
- Vet Checks: to be sure that other animals in the household are up to date on routine medical care to protect both existing pets and potential streetdogs.
- Reference checks
- Home Visits: to assess the home environment for each individual dog. Many dogs are great as apartment dogs, but others may need a fenced in yard.
- Streetdog Foundation's adoption fee is $250. This includes current vaccinations, spay/neuter, and microchip. Dogs are current on flea and heart-worm prevention as well.
- Please note that our adoption area is limited to the Memphis area.
In order to be considered as an adopter, you must:
- Be 23 years of age or older (18 and older for fostering)
- Have proper identification
- Have the knowledge and consent of your landlord (if applicable)
- Be willing and able to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment, and proper care for a pet.
Completing this application does not guarantee the adoption of a Streetdog Foundation dog.
To see our adoptable dogs, visit our Pup Profiles page here.
Please complete the adoption application below if you are interested in one of our dogs.